I’ll be visiting my parents in Colorado in the near future, so I am going to take the opportunity to chronicle the relatively complex process of traveling with a firearm in a state that does not honor my Ohio concealed carry licence.
This post will be my to-do list in preparation for the trip.
- Join Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Fund. (done)
- Look up the TSA’s firearms check in policy and print out a copy.
- Look up the airline’s firearms check in policy and print out a copy.
- Buy two non-TSA locks for my pistol case.
- Buy TSA locks for my suitcase.
- Buy a larger gunbelt, in black to match my Kydex OWB holster. (done)
- Look up laws on recording police in Colorado. (Is legal if I am party to the conversation or visibly present, 18-9-304)
- Become intimately familiar with Colorado laws relevant to open carry. (RMGO.org)
- Try to make a complete list of which of the tourist spots we plan to visit prohibit firearms.